We have made several trips to NYC since living in Eastern PA. My dad and brother were here this past week and we thought it would be fun to take them since neither of them had been before. Well, this last trip has added to the things that we have learned about taking trips to the Big Apple...
1. Take public transportation while in the city (it can take you over an hour to drive 5-10 miles in Manhattan)...it only took us 4 trips to figure this out =)
2. If rain is forecasted, TAKE YOUR UMBRELLA!!! Or you will end up paying $10 from a street vendor (for one that cost 50 cents to make) if you're already standing in the pouring rain, soaking wet!!!
3. Times for the ferry to the Statue of Liberty don't matter (so if you're stuck in a downpour trying to make it to the ferry before it leaves...don't worry about it)!!!
4. Apparently, Applebee's can double/triple their prices if the restaurant is located in Manhattan and overlooks Broadway =)
Thankfully, my dad and brother are troopers and we had a great time despite the fact that we were soaking wet for the first half of the day =) Enjoy the pics =)

4 comments:
Glad to know your first trip to NYC didn't scare you from going back :). Seriously..that was probably the MOST crowded the city ever gets! Thanks for the comments on my blog...looking forward to leaving more on yours!
I am stalking you! :) I found your link on your facebook page :) Here is the link to our blog
montanamenzies.blogspot.com
if you ever want to check it out..of course it should be changing to coloradomenzies soon :)
Hope all is well..very jealous you guys are so close to NYC! I love love love love it there!!!
I love that you are blogging :)!! I could sit and read blogs all day, so yours is just one more I need to add to the links on my blog! Glad to see you are all doing well!
I am so happy you started a blog! I love the pictures of your sweet kids. It sounds like I need lots of tips for when we join you in NY for a vacation!
Post a Comment