First Day of School, part 1
Well, my "baby" started his first day of Kindergarten today!! I can't believe how quickly time has gone. It doesn't seem possible that Caleb is 5.5 already and has begun that seemingly endless journey we call school!! =) I thought I was going to be a basket-case, but amazingly enough, I didn't cry. I think I was just really excited for him. He has been soooo looking forward to starting school. I have been trying not to dwell on missing him...just looking forward to hearing about his adventures =)
There is another little someone who was sad this morning though... As soon as we dropped Caleb off, McKenna and I started to walk back home. She looked up at me with her lower lip turned down, with her oh-so-cute sad face, and said "I miss my b
rother." That was the first of about 10 times I would hear that on our 8 minute walk home. Poor Kenna. She absolutely ADORES her older brother, and he is so sweet to her. I think she's just not going to know what to do with herself =) I know we will get to enjoy some special mommy/daughter time that we don't have very often...I think we'll make it! =) I will post more this afternoon, once Caleb gets home with all of the exciting details of his first day! (and pictures too, of course) =)
No comments:
Post a Comment