Movie Night
We started a new tradition a few weeks ago. Caleb and McKenna did not want to go Trick-or-Treating for Halloween (Caleb actually wanted to protest with his very own picket sign at school, but that's a whole other story =) )...they get scared by all the costumes and stuff that come out this time of year. I, of course, don't mind...no need to buy costumes, no candy to sort through...no problem! =) So, we set some candy out for the kids that I knew would be knocking on our door, and we started a new tradition (for us anyway). Friday night is now "Movie Night" at the Pifer house. We borrowed several kid movies from the library earlier that day, had pizza for dinner, got our jammies on, brought our pillows and blankets out, popped popcorn, cuddled and watched movies. We had so much fun together. Last Friday, the kids and I actually made the pizza (with a little help from the Pillsbury dough boy =) ). Caleb and McKenna sure can make a mean pizza! I tried not to be uptight about making messes and just let them have fun...and we did =) Here's a picture of them with their masterpiece:

5 comments:
I'm so glad you started that tradition! :) I'll never forget some of our movie nights... Dominoes pizza with Faygo pop... and a lot of Ernest movies, oddly enough. haha. Caleb and McKenna look so happy and proud of themselves, I love it! :)
Adorable! Your kids are so cute. We do a game night with the kids. I think starting traditions when they are little is so important! I wish that you lived closer Sarah!
Aww, your little ones look so proud of their culinary accomplishments...you have two budding chefs!
My parents always did a once-a-year homemade doughnut night on Trick-or-Treat night. It has since turned into the biggest party of the year for my parents, because now my siblings and I invite all of our friends over too. Anyway, it's good to hear that the Pifer family is still doing great!
Love the jersey, Caleb!
Sounds like fun, Sarah. Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment