Well, Caleb is home now. The time actually seemed to go pretty quickly. I have already learned one thing as a new Kindergarten mom: if your child is a walker, you're supposed to send the teacher a note, so she knows he's not getting on the bus! Thankfully, McKenna and I were there early enough to learn of this before Caleb was delivered home to an empty, locked house! =) I wondered how they knew what he was supposed to do, now I know =) So, I have already put the note to his teacher in his backpack for tomorrow =)
Here are some of Caleb's thoughts on his day:
- He helped the teacher with the weather and calendar ( I think all of the students got to help with this for today...eventually it becomes a special privilege)
- He got to say the Pledge of Allegiance (glad they still do this)
- He had his first assembly in the gym with all of the kids in his school
- He wasn't scared or nervous at all (even when there were big kids in the cafeteria while he waited for school to start in the morning)
- His teacher is really nice (Mrs. Rice is her name)
- When the teacher asked the class if they were ready to go home or if they wanted to stay at school, he said that he wanted to go home, but that he really liked school a lot

6 comments:
I am glad his day went so well! The kids look so cute all dressed and ready for school! Did he get morning or afternoon kindergarten?
Aww, so cute :). I hope you and McKenna enjoy this new Mommy/Daughter time while Caleb is at school :).
Sarah,
What a big boy you have! I cannot believe he is in school. I am proud of you for not crying. Have fun with that baby girl of yours. She will enjoy this time with mommy too.
Too cute! It's nice that he gets to "ease" in to school with half day kindergarten....around here everyone goes for the full day! I know he is going to love school!
Hey there stranger! I haven't heard from you in so long, Susy told me about your blog. It's so great to see and read all about you guys. I was inspired, so I started my own. Hope to hear from you soon!
Awww!! I cannot believe he is old enough for kindergarten!! He looks so adorable with his backpack on! I know McKenna is enjoying having some 'mommy' time!!
Post a Comment