May 29, 2009

If You Give a Caleb a Chip...

...he is going to want a jar of salsa to go with it. Seeing the cactus on the salsa will remind him of where he was born. So, you will have to take him to Montana. When you take him to Montana, it will remind him of his family. Being reminded of his family, he will want to visit his old house. When you take him to his old house, he will want to visit the refrigerator. When you take him to the refrigerator, he will ask you for some salsa. And chances are, if you give him some salsa, he's gonna want some chips to go with it! :)

This is a story Caleb came up with this afternoon. He really likes to make up his own stories (sometimes, he even illustrates them too). Today, he had some chips and salsa with his lunch (he really takes after daddy in a LOT of ways)! =) All of a sudden, he says, "we should write a story about if you give a Caleb a chip..." He and McKenna both really enjoy the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (as well as, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If You Give a Moose a Muffin, If You Take a Mouse to School, pretty much all of the other books in this series--thanks Annie =) ). Anyway, this story is what he came up with. I thought it was too cute...just had to share =)

**Beth, sorry I couldn't underline the titles...it bugs me too =)**

7 comments:

Ellyn said...

Too cute, Sarah! I can't wait to see what Caleb ends up choosing to be when he grows up :)! He already has so many talents at his young age.

Brent, Lori and Elli said...

Love both of these updates. Your little girl is adorable. I love the one with her sweet little giggle. This is also a sweet story by Caleb. How fun that he likes to do things like this!

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

What a storyteller you have...very cool. It makes me so happy to know Caleb is still enjoying that book :).

Beth said...

Cute story! I love it when he makes up his own songs and stories... he is so creative with them! :)

Were you referring to me about the titles? If so... don't worry, I think I can handle it, it's just a blog! :)

Sarah said...

yes, Beth, I meant you, my English major sister! =) Glad you can handle it =)

Stina said...

Soooo cute!

Laura said...

Owen LOVES those books and I cannot believe that Caleb came up with one on his own!!! SO CREATIVE!!!!!! What a smart boy you have on your hands!!!